Wednesday 26 August 2009

August update

This will probably be my last entry for this blog as I have pretty much concluded that the gel insoles that I bought were next to useless.

The insoles were certainly cheap, but firstly they have degraded and started to fall apart after only a few ours of walking on them and, secondly, they seemed to offer little in the way of shock absorption.

To be honest I have not worn the doc Martin style shoes that I put them in for a couple of months now and I consider them a complete waste of money.

Whether this is a reflection on gel insoles generally, or simply the products of a specific manufacturer, I do not know. And to be frank I do not intend to find out by buying another pair.

I certainly think that removable insoles are a good idea and there is no doubt that shock absorbing versions do work, but as for the gel alternative – I have grave doubts.

If you want to know more about comfort shoes and shoes that are designed and manufactured with health in mind you should do some good research and come to your own conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment